Forums are back in action! ×

sorta new (tee hee)

Hello all!! So ive been a member of nerd fitness but just registered to the message board cuz after almost 3 weeks of trying to eat right and working out at the gym, i feel like i need some advice from you all. I would like to lose weight (currently 230lbs @ 5'3), i've been goin to the gym monday thru Saturday. .. doing my zumba class monday thru Thursday and also lifting weights (2nd week)... with the weights i've been doin legs on Mondays, abs on Wednesdays and arms on Fridays. Can anyone tell me if im doin everything right? Should i be doin more weight lifting? Sometimes i feel like im not doing enough. Eating right is suuuuuper hard but i think im doin pretty damn good for someone who decided to go from eating burgers every day to eating right... overnight.

I feel like i dnt have the choice of giving up, my son is 8yrs old n 40 lbs overweight... i feel like its my fault and i have to change not just for myself but for my kids as well. I have to set the example.

Im just rambling on now lol but anyway, any help... any advice is welcome and certainly appreciated. <3

As far as lifting more often goes, I think three times a week is a good pace. Are you sore after? If so, I think that means you're making progress. You can work toward more specific workouts by adding more exercises or even doing full body all three days or even two days a week if you feel like you want to do more.

It all depends on what your goals are, what you enjoy doing, and if you're motivated. If you're enjoying what you're doing, stick to it for a month or two. If you're making progress and happy, keep it up.

I think you'll naturally know what's next if you are getting bored, aren't enjoying what you're doing, or stop seeing progress. Until you get to that point, keep up the great work you're already doing!

Welcome!

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases