Forums are back in action! ×

New Here, need advice.

I've been on the workout plan listed below for about a year and a half with great impovments since I've started. However, I am not completing all of my goals and am looking for help to tweek it. Overall, I guess my fitness goals more reflect that of a ranger.

Goals

Primary
-Be of large muscle build and cut. Weight goal of around 180 lbs. (I have difficulty weighing more than 163 lbs)
-Army Physical Fitness Test score of 300 or better.

Secondary
-Run 5 miles in 30-45

Schedule Description

Overall, the schedule will alternate between Strength training days and Cardio days. Each have their own workout routine. Otherwise, I often add random excerizes to target specific muscle groups after each Strength Training routine to mix things up. So, I start with Strength Training A, then move to Cardio Training A, Then I perform Strength Training B, then Cardio Training B. Then repeat.

Circuits
     Circuits will be performed with 60 second rest periods

Strength Training
     Strength Training will use weights depending upon ability and availability. The amount of weight used will not decrease so long as the the weights are available. The same will be for the number of repetitions. In addition, the alternate workout will also be used to vary my workout routine on a random strength training day; if not every other strength training day.

Cardiovascular Training
There are to cardiovascular training day types. They alternate between Interval and Continual training days. Alternate workout routines are listed within both programs "A" and "B".

Eliptical Training
     Eliptical Training will vary greatly depending on ability. The resistance used will be set for the highest difficulty that I will be able to maintain throughout the workout. Resistance will increase durring the workout itself when a resistance level begins to feel easy to maintain at a high pace.

Barefoot Running

I do this as part of a warm-up excersize and to help with knee injuries. Running too often leads to shin splints and knee problems. Not running enough does the same. I find this frequency has been best so far.

Strength Training A

-20 Minutes of Barefoot Running
-15 Lat Pull-Downs (235lbs)
-4 sets of 10 Dead Lifts (210 lbs+ bar)
-120 Push Ups
-50 Floor Wipers (90 lbs)
-25 Single Arm Clean-and-Press (50 lbs)
-15 Lat Pull-Downs (220lbs, bar held as in a Chin-Up)
-Hughbanks Special
-3 Super-Sets Forearms Extentions
-15 Standing Tricep Extentions (55 lbs)

Strength Training B (4 circuits)
-15 One Legged Squats (each leg)
-40 Iron Mikes
-15 Chin Ups
-40 Dips
-15 Pull Ups
-50 Push Ups
-75 second Planks (center and sides)

Cardio Training A
Circuit Cardio (4 Circuits)
-60 second Medicine Ball Slams
-60 second Medicine all Twists
-60 second Dimb Bell Woodchops (35 lbs, alternate sides each ciruit)
-60 second Eight Count Push Ups to High Jumper

Cardio Training B
-4.5 miles eliptical
-5 Super-Sets of 60 second forward, then backwards sprints
-120 second planks (front and sides)