Forums are back in action! ×

Everything & THEIR MOM was keeping me from sleeping...

Congrats! I have still to overcome the obstacle of getting up and doing a workout. I can usually force myself out of bed early enough but then I'm always just too groggy to want to workout. Once I've had my coffee I'm fine but I'd love to be able to just roll out of bed and go for a run to wake myself up

Thanks Centurion! I know one thing that has helped me the past few weeks is that I begin to think about my next workout a day or two before hand to help get it stuck into my gray matter. Throughout the day, for example on my Sunday rest day, I'll say something like this to myself: 'Ok, Tuesday morning, what are we doing? Circuit 1 exercises: squats, pull ups, dips, planks, repeat for 5 sets.' On monday, I'll do the same thing but add stuff like 'I WILL wake up at 6:30 and work myself.'. I've found that it helps me. I too am one groggy dude in the morning...except for things that i am excited about, so I am trying to build that excitement around working out. Also, I will had a COLD glass of water when I wake up and do jumping jacks and running in place (bringing my knees high) in alternating sets to get me awake enough to begin. By the end of the first or second set, normally I forget that I was ever tired. You can do it man!

PS....I can feel it right now, if I could nap during my lunch time I would! I am looking forward to tonights rest!

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

I am a big fan of the morning workout. It gets easier once you get into the routine of forcing yourself to do it. I think it took me a month or so before I really adjusted. Once I started waking up at 6 am on Sunday mornings to workout, I realized I was completely adjusted to the schedule. My co-workers think I am crazy waking up at 5 am and hitting the gym before work (but they aren't seeing any results doing what they are doing (which is nothing)). Keep it up!

Thanks Capn! I definitely find that I am SOOO glad that I pushed through the groggy-ness and completed the workout once I am finished. I appreciate the input from a Michigander, especially around the Detroit area! My father & all of his side of the family live in the surrounding cities (Troy, Clinton Township, Royal Oak, Birmingham).

Thanks Capn! I definitely find that I am SOOO glad that I pushed through the groggy-ness and completed the workout once I am finished. I appreciate the input from a Michigander, especially around the Detroit area! My father & all of his side of the family live in the surrounding cities (Troy, Clinton Township, Royal Oak, Birmingham).

Cool. I am in western Wayne county (about a 20 minute drive from downtown Detroit - depending on traffic), and work in Ann Arbor. I love the area, and our bad reputation is not deserved.

well, this must be "Let's see how Serious Tom IS" week. Didn't get to sleep until around 12:30...ish. BUT I still got up and did my Thursday circuit! Lunges, Chin Ups (assisted), Pushups, reverse crunches, rinse repeat.