Forums are back in action! ×

Shocked by my own progress

After starting my weight loss journey (it feels dramatic to write it like that) in September I had noticed small changes in how my clothes fit and at the beginning of June I had lost a total of 30 pounds, but these past couple of months it's felt like the small changes have gotten bigger and bigger. Today on a whim I decided to try on my goal clothes to check my progress. When I started trying to lose weight, large t-shirts were beginning to get a little tight and I was wearing between a size 22 and size 24 pants depending on the brand (I wish women's pants had one unifying size). Today I am comfortably wearing size 16 jeans, a belt that is 6 notches from where I started (roughly 7 inches lost around the waist) and a medium t-shirt. In high school I lost track of how much I weighed because I was embarrassed and this continued through college until I decided enough was enough. I was skinnier graduating college than I was graduating high school and, judging from my clothes, I am skinnier now than I was my sophomore or junior year of high school. I'm still not at my final goal and probably won't be for at least another year, but I never would've gotten to this point if it hadn't been for this community. I haven't been on much in the past several months, but when I was first getting started and I saw all sorts of people in all sorts of sizes with all sorts of fitness goals supporting and helping one another it really pushed me into finally taken things seriously. So thank you Steve for creating this site and thank you community members for being the catalyst to finally getting me to feel good about myself. This has also inspired my mom, who has been struggling with her weight for as long as I can remember, to begin working out regularly and she is now going through the Couch to 5K program. Seeing her work and knowing that I'm what got her there is the best part of all of this. So thank you everyone, for not only helping me, but also helping the most important person in my life.

post-406-13567243000879_thumb.jpg

post-406-13567243000975_thumb.jpg

Congratulations!!! I wasn't around here when you got your inspiration, but I'm very glad that the community helped you! It is rare these days to see too many people going out of their way to help others, but on this forum it seems like everyone wants to help each other. It is fantastic! Keep up the good work, I am sure you will be where you want to be in no time!