Forums are back in action! ×

I'm Micah. I'm a man. I'm 29 years old, married 6 years, with a 2 year old son, and I'm joining this here rebellion. I've never been a joiner, but it's time to rebel against my own resistance to health.

I'm 5'10" and 240 pounds. This is the most I've ever weighed. I've lost and gained a couple of times, getting down to about 190. Through eating healthy and jogging. I love jogging.

But I've never been able to figure out the whole full body workout. I've tried a few times to go to a gym; it all seems so intimidating. Too many options/voices about how to go about it.

So my goals:

1. Within 8 weeks I want to be able to jog 30 mins.

2. I want to lose 40 pounds in 2 months. Down to 200 by September 27th.

3. I want to make all A's this quarter in school. (Second Year of an Electrical Engineering Bachelor's)

Here's what I'm doing to accomplish these goals:

I have started a Couch to 5k running program using a coaching podcast.

I have started working out using Steve's"Beginning Bodyweight Routine". Except that I don't have dumbbells so I'm trying to do Pullups in place of dumbbell rows. (So far can't get my chin over the bar!) I'm hoping to begin using the school's gym once I feel confident in this bodyweight workout.

Also I'm eating pretty close to Paleo diet. Heavy emphasis on fresh veggies and salmon, but i'm allowing a little whole grain in. And I allow myself 20grams of DARK Chocolate (85% Cocoa) with a cup of home brewed green tea each day.

School hasn't begun yet, but I plan on reviewing notes every morning and night.

That's basically all I've got for right now. Hoping to stay on track by interacting with folks on here. I really want to not only lose weight, but be STRONG in body and mind.

Welcome aboard mj4man!

It's great that you want to take care of your physical and mental wellbeing.

Have patience and consistencyn and most importantly, a vision for yourself.

Jesuschrist is the most wonderful and complex person as of date,anyone can learn from him- paraphrased from The Master of Emotion

www.cultivatinglashinibana.wordpress.com A log about my weekly japanese learning via Kanji study, and reading manga in japanese of course. Updated every Sunday.

Current Challenge:http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?4867-Staff-Purge