Forums are back in action! ×

An Englishman in Mexico saying hello!

Hello, everyone!

I'm an Englishman teaching English to Mexicans. Currently living in Mexico City and ignoring all the wonderful food smells I pass everyday.

So I found NERDfitness recently after a period of stress (and stress eating) at work. I'm five days into the paleo diet and I think it's going pretty well. I've optimistically started a picture gallery in my phone to track my progress.

Right now I'm around 16 stone (224 pounds/101 kg) although this is just an estimate as I haven't owned a set of scales for a while. I cycle to work five days a week and try to cycle at the weekends when I can.

I have a busted knee which stops me from doing cardio that's too high-impact (including cycling on too high a gear). Maybe you guys can suggest a plan that can help me lose weight but without stressing out my knee any more than necessary?

So, yeah. That's me. Nice to meet you!

• Like 1

Hi Kosmpolite!

If you put most of your energy into eating right while your knee heals, you will still lose weight. Weight-training and strength-building are more effective uses of time than cardio. It is easy to try to change too much at once. Slow and steady changes over time work best.

Best of luck!

Hope this is helpful.