Forums are back in action! ×

Rebel from Norway

Hi rebels!

My name is Petter, 32 years old from Norway.

I am sort of fit already, I have been racing bicycles for the past six years, with some decent results from time to time. I guess this makes me a Scout? I look like a typical cyclist. Long legs, long skinny arms and  my upper body is pretty much free of any serious muscle. The discipline I compete in is called XC (cross country racing), which is mountain biking for most folks. I have also been traveling across Europe for the past 4-5 years and climbed (ride a bike uphill) allot of famous and infamous mountains in France, Italy, Spain... So when you are watching Tour de France on TV in July, and the riders climb a mountain, chances are that I have been there with my bike at some point in time.

So, why Nerd Fitness? Two reasons. 

1. Riding my bike is pretty much the only thing I am good at. I want to be good at more things. Climbing, swimming, paddling, [insert fun activity here]. I guess I am tired of racing, and looking for other things to fill my life with. I want to be a ranger!

2.I need to change what I stuff in my face. As an endurance athlete, I eat all the time, and ridiculous amounts of grain, pasta, rice, bulgur, couscous... And I am always hungry three hours after my last meal. I am tired of this routine, and allot of reading on the internet has led me to the Paloe diet. I have decided to try this diet for 30 days, and I am now on day three. My impression so far is stable energy and headaches.

As I wrote above, I have spent allot of time reading about nutrition on the internet. I guess I dumped into nerd fitness by chance, and I have been reading almost everything on the site. I started weight training a month ago. I am getting stronger, and I can even see something resembling muscles on my upper body. Good stuff :)

I am really looking forward being a part of the community :)