Forums are back in action! ×

Not new but been gone for a long time

Guest asdf

Hey everyone!

I let myself get lazy for the past 3-4 months and in that time I haven't really done any working out, and last week I started up again after deciding that laziness for this guy won't do. So I'm back and just wanted to say hi to everyone after being inactive for quite a while.

I noticed a few weeks ago after not doing any workouts for an extended period of time that my stress levels from school were starting to go through the roof and a little bit of my former depressed self was starting to come back. So I decided it's crucial for me to start working out again because I know that for me, working out keeps both of those things at bay quite effectively. I was seriously depressed with life before I started working out the first time, and within a month or two it had receded almost completely.

I've started back into doing bodyweight workouts in my room. I've lost a lot of ground in terms of strength and muscle mass that I previously had gained from working out regularly before I got lazy, so my goal is to slowly start regaining what I've lost through 3-4 intense 20-30 minute workouts a week and proper nutrition on a student budget. It think tuna is about to become my best friend xD.

Once I get back into the swing of things I'm going to join a 6 week challenge as well.

So that's where I'm at right now, just working on getting things up and running again while staying nerdy as ever :D.

I just want to say I hope everyone is doing great and welcome to anyone who is brand new!

It is a lot easier to re-tone weak muscles than it is to build them in the first place. Welcome back. I have heard that food is the world's most abused depression medication and exercise is the world most under prescribed anxiety med. I don't know where it came from, but for me it is true. Good to have you back. Falling is not failure unless you refuse to get up.

You are only a conspiracy theorist until you are right. Then you are a visionary.