Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from St Paul, MN

I turned 36 a couple months ago and it has lit a fire under me to make some lifestyle changes.

I had been (relatively) fit since High School until the last couple years.  After maintaining 185-190 lbs

(I'm 6'1") for about 15 years, I've slowing been growing my gut up to 230 lbs the last 2-3 years.

My goals for the next 6 months are...

• 33 in. waist size (currently 41, started at 43)
  • work up to yoga 2-3x's a week
  • 10 pullups

My "Why"

• To have more energy and focus to put towards my business and family/friend relationships
  • To be fit, happy, and healthy for any potential life partner and growing family in my future ;)

How

• Follow the 4HB (slow carb) diet and allow for occasional minor lapses instead of a giant "cheat day"
  • Start with Rookie workouts in Rebel Fitness Guide and work up from there
  • Like 1

Howdy Geezer,

Us old guys have to stick together. My goal for the next year is to get to where you are right now. You have the right attitude and your plan is solid as well. All guys like us need is some time and we got it made. Thanks for joining up and I hope to see you on here more.

You are only a conspiracy theorist until you are right. Then you are a visionary.

Howdy Geezer,

Us old guys have to stick together. My goal for the next year is to get to where you are right now. You have the right attitude and your plan is solid as well. All guys like us need is some time and we got it made. Thanks for joining up and I hope to see you on here more.

Haha, amen!  Good luck with your journey and I'll see ya around...  ;)

Welcome aboard and howdy from NE Minneapolis!

"I've torn a hamstring tendon and re-injured my knee, lower back, and upper back while doing yoga. Don't get me started on shin splints. You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't, so might as well be strong." - Some guy on the SS forums.

"Heavy is dangerous, but light is no fun." - Mark Rippetoe

"Squats are a good assistance to bring up your curl, as a bonus you can do your squats while your are still in the curl rack." - SJB