Forums are back in action! ×

Becoming the BEAST I know I can be

Hello!  ^_^

Short Story about what brought me to nerd fitness:

Last year I hurt my back…badly…and I am finally starting to feel like myself again. Unsurprisingly, during the 14 month recovery I lost most of my muscle and gained some weight from stress eating. In addition to that I had to leave my normally active job for a desk job. So you can imagine how excited I was when I realized I could move and it didn’t cause pain. However I am terrified of hurting my back again, which has kept me pushing myself (is that how it’s supposed to feel, or did I hurt something!?), which in turn leaves me right where I started.

About three months ago I decided that something had to change, and I couldn’t be afraid of my back forever. I wasn’t happy with who I was (I used to be a very strong athletic individual), and I realized if I kept doing what I was doing nothing would change (funny how it takes a while to realize/accept that). So I cleaned up my diet, started training for a 5k, and I am just now starting to see some results. BUT I want more, better results. And let’s not lie, running really isn’t for me.

*Cue my random stumbling onto nerd fitness* I started reading this blog and found something I am intrigued by, something that seemed promising. Now, I’ve decided to start strength training. When talking with a friend of mine I told him about my new goal. Our conversation went something like this:

“I’m going to start strength training. You won’t even recognize me next time you see me. Next time you see me I’m going to be a BEAST.â€

“Kel, you will never be a beast.â€

Challenge Accepted.

So here I am. I will need help, motivation, and information. Because, let’s not lie, I’d much rather read then go out for a jog or feel inadequate in the gym. I don’t really have the support network I need irl, I hope to make some supportive friends here. I hope to become the beast I know I can be.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Here is to your BEASTLINESS!

Welcome to the community. I am amazed at the quality of people and information I have found on here. Everyone is interested in your success and your motivation. You see, by participating in your inspiration we inspire ourselves. Look around and make some friends, we are all glad you are here and there is nothing that we cannot accomplish together.

You are only a conspiracy theorist until you are right. Then you are a visionary.