Forums are back in action! ×

Hello fellow Rebels!

My name is Clint but most of my IRL friends know me as Nugget and even Qrono to my online friends. Call me what you will as I hope to make many friends and companions along the way. 

Hopefully I will be able to keep this introduction on the medium side. Please forgive me if it goes long.

I'm 28 years old and hail from the lands of Georgia. I'm currently 368 pounds down from 398. The loss has been extremely slow for my liking as I have been mostly adjusting my eating habits over the past several months. However, that is a good thing that I've mostly lost the weight simply by adjusting what I eat! I'm now looking to get into more lifting and training rather than walking. I've joined a gym and have been searching for exercise routines to start my journey. My searching has lead me here and I couldn't be happier. I currently finished reading the starter guide and will be reading the next book tonight. I will have to start slow as I currently have a fractured foot from being too aggressive in the gym (running twice a day with my weight owned my foot).

To delve a bit farther into my past, I have always been a heavier set kid. In 2003 I had heart surgery to repair a half-dollar sized hole in my atrial septal. I've been cleared several times to work out but I have constantly used my health history as an excuse rather than using it as a reason to get healthy. I've tried several diets in the past and lost weight but quickly gained them all back when I quit the diet. I never learned how to eat properly. Now that I have adjusted my eating lifestyle, I feel the best I ever have and am excited to keep shedding the pounds. Water, lean meat and veggies are my friend and I physically feel sick if I deviate from eating healthy now.

I'll be posting more in the future. I've started some google spreadsheets to keep track of everything I'm eating and invite anyone who is interested to follow along. I can't wait to share my success!

I look forward to meeting you all.

Peace for now,

Q

Hi Clint,

Losing 8 percent of your body weight in no small accomplishment. Not only that, but by working out as well as adjusting your eating you are preserving your muscle. I was once as big as you at 365-370, I know how it felt. I also know you can whup this thing. One thing that is cool about guys like us is we have huge frames from hauling our asses around all day. When you finally get leaner you will notice that your back, legs, shoulders, and joints are super-sized to accommodate the extra weight. Also ligaments, tendons and cartilage do not tend to go away with weight loss, so you will always have extra strong joints.Now is the time for change and I am glad you decided to change with us, welcome.

You are only a conspiracy theorist until you are right. Then you are a visionary.