Forums are back in action! ×

Training for... my wedding?

Yep, that's me! I'm Platy. I'm a runner, a graduate student, and the year after next, I'm getting married. This has encouraged me to step up my training, because there's no sense taking two years to plan my dream wedding if I won't be getting married in my dream body!

...and then there's the honeymoon beach bumming. It's no fun to beach bum if you're not comfortable in a bikini.

So here I am. I'm not really doing detailed statistics right now, I'm going to start that around Christmas when I'm back to my baseline fitness (my first semester of grad school caught me offguard and I'm a little behind the curve). I'm 21, 5'2", and all my life I've weighed around 140 lbs. My goal is 125, but I'm a lot more concerned with how I feel and look than what I weigh.

This time next year I'll be running my first marathon, and I have two half marathons and three 10ks on the race calendar for next year, so I'm going to be doing a lot of training. I try to bike and swim, too, because after I hit my goal of doing a marathon, I'll be getting on track for my first (and only, I expect) ironman triathlon. I'd also like to be able to do a measly one pull-up.

So that's everything about me that you probably don't want to know! *waves*

Welcome,

Your motivation is touching. I hope you find all of the information, and help that you need on here. The stress of planning that wedding could be a killer, but not with the techniques and strategies you find here. You will be able to get to that day with the mindset and body you wish to have. Congratulations and good luck.

You are only a conspiracy theorist until you are right. Then you are a visionary.