Forums are back in action! ×

Getting back to it

Hi, my name is Kelsey, I've been on the road to fitness and health for a very long time, and keep failing. I started reading articles on nerd fitness a couple days ago and thought that this could be the most successful route for me. The article that stuck was http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/..

I've spent some time over the last couple years at boxing clubs and crossfit. I loved both, when it comes to exercise I am all about intensity. I was never very conscious of what I was eating though, so even though I was exercising frequently and intensely I wasn't getting the results I wanted.

Last year, this time I weighted 130 lbs, but was hardly active, very low appetite. I was not healthy. Since then, my appetite has increased, but my activity level hasn't changed. I've gained 30lbs, and started smoking. My weight has always fluctuated like this, and I'm sure that in a few months from now my weight will just drop again like it has in the past. But I don't want this, I need to become healthy and fit, and stay that way forever. 

I'm going to quit smoking this week, and start getting back on track

Good evening Kelsey,

Quitting smoking is probably the single most important part of your fitness for right now. I am sending good thoughts and energy for you to be able to do that. I think that being the superhero you always wanted to be is an inspiring goal. I hope you find all of the tools and support you need to do that on here. This site and forum is very different than any I have found elsewhere and it is void of all of the nit picky jock talk and bullying that I have seen on other fitness sites. I have had nothing but positive interactions on here and I am keeping my motivation which is awesome. Thank you for joining us and I know you have much to offer as well.

• Like 1

You are only a conspiracy theorist until you are right. Then you are a visionary.

Thank you very much! My major set back right now is will power. But I just need to remember that "the question isn't can you, it's will you". I know I can do it, I just need to do it! Switch my mind set from I can't smoke, to I Don't smoke. I can't eat cake, to I Don't eat cake. 

I look forward to my journey!