Forums are back in action! ×

I'm trying to write my story. I'm trying to find the beginning. Was it the football sized ovarian tumor I had removed in August, 2010? Was it when I started sitting in front of a computer all day in 2008? Was it before that when I started dating my husband back in 2005 and consuming more delicious calories from his excellent cooking? I know that it didn't start, like it does for so many women, when I had my baby last December.

Really, no matter what life transition or health bump I ran into, it started with me. With my total lack of committment to fitness or to my body. My constant re-booting and re-starting.

But no more. I have been using my fitness pal for the past couple of months to try and train myself to eat better, while participating in a great bootcamp and a Hit to Fit class (both consisting of great body weight exercises, and cardio conditioning) and have lost 21 pounds. I'm almost into the healthy weight range for my height, but I'd like to go further than that.

I want to start rock-climbing again. I want to try a trialthon. I want to play soccer again. I want to squat with my whole body weight on my back. I want to beat my husband in a push-up competition.

I am so excited to have found the Nerd Fitness community and can't wait to start my first challenge!

I'm so excited to hear that you're excited! Good job on those 21lbs - that must be a great self inspiration for you.

I know how you feel with wanting to get back to being able to so things you once did, that's where I am too.

Welcome! I look forward to hearing more of your story. Maybe the beginning is now? All the atuff that came before may juat be the author's introduction, and your story can begin with when you decided to take charge of your own destiny. Go you!

I feel pretty gifted with this community as well. Welcome and I hope you find what you need to pursue your goals. Nothing wrong with restarting at all, the more you do it the more likely you will succeed. I see you are both west coasties, That's very cool because we all know that us westerners are just bad-asses huh? Have a good time.

You are only a conspiracy theorist until you are right. Then you are a visionary.