Forums are back in action! ×

I'm soo going to do this...

Howdy. I just joined after reading Nerd Fitness: From 60 pounds overweight to 6-pack abs. I've been following the 4 Hour Body for a while now. I've started and stopped the diet part multiple times since I bought the book in January. So I need some help with accountability. And I have to say I'm so loving this site. It's gonna be my new home. I hope you're cool with that!

My current stats: I live a desk job. I work too much and too hard and in the past I've come up with a dozen or so excuses for my decisions and behaviors. I weigh 240 lbs. 5' 4" and I'm female. Yep. Lovely huh? In the last year, I gained nearly 60 lbs. Mostly because I thought I didn't care any more. I am so wrong about that. And I have got to make changes to save my life and my health.

But I am emboldened. I have made some great changes over the past 6 months. So much so that I am looking forward to making more. But I want to keep going. And I need help to get there. So I thought this would be the place to help make me accountable and help me achieve these goals. Sorry for the novel :)

Goals Achieved in the last 6 months:

- Off Caffeine and Alcohol. I used to be a diet dr. pepper junkie, like 6 to 10 a day. And I am in technology sales. I would go out drinking with customers 2-3 times a week.

- In the last 4 weeks, including a week long trip to Vegas, I have started changing my diet. My current eating plan:

W/in 30 minutes of waking up: protein shake

lunch: tuna, spinach, black bean salad

dinner: grilled chicken or beef, vegetable (typically broccoli), and sometimes guacamole and sauteed red/yellow peppers.

Snacks are almonds. Typically once a day.

My primary concern about this diet is that I'm likely not eating enough, so what portions/plan should I adjust? I have to say though that I'm loving this diet. I am not hungry. I have to actually remind myself to eat.

I'm down 10 lbs in the last 4 weeks. So it's starting to take effect, which is good. I'm also down 8 inches from April to today.

I love the game concept of leveling up.

Goals in the next 3 weeks:

- Get body fat measurements. And take before pictures.

- Focus on improving the Slow carb or even full paleo diet.

- Improve workout - get into kettlebells. Right now I can do 3 sets of 15 kettle bell swings 2x a week. In the next 3 weeks I want to focus on doing 4 sets of 15 kettle bell swings 3x a week.

I'm still thinking about the second and third level phases and reading. So I'll get back to you on the other goals. Ultimately my end game goal is to be at a 25% body fat or less. And start tackling those reward systems with goals. I am also a travel writer and love to write.

Anyway, thanks for listening to the rant. I hope that I get a chance to really help y'all as much as I hope I can get the support I need to realize my goals! Have a great day.

Shameless Food journal and epic weight loss story: http://www.fourhourexperience.com/blog/