Forums are back in action! ×

Hi! I just happened across Nerd Fitness yesterday and was blown away by the amount of content on the site. I'm a graduate student in computer science, but I'm a very outdoors minded person. I've always considered myself athletic, although I never really participated in many organized sports. I ran a lot in high school, but I injured my knee (torn cartilage) my senior year and I was set back a good bit. My university is very spread out so through most of my undergraduate career, I biked everywhere I went helping me recover a bit from my injury. But, I still didn't run much except for playing other sports such as ultimate. I also took up, and fell in love with, rock climbing as we have a decent sized wall in our rec facility. 

In March of this year, I decided to try and get back into running. Over the summer I built back up from scratch and was able to compete in my first 5k. Since then, I've competed in multiple races and will be competing in a 10k this coming weekend. In September I was asked by a friend to be a teammate in a mud run in South Carolina. Up to that point I was purely focused on running but after that race, I decided that obstacle course races are my true passion combining running and other athletic skills (like free running). I have always been a fan of American Ninja Warrior, and now I've found the motivation to build the skills to compete in an event like that.

So, in a search for knowledge on training and nutrition (a whole other story and reason that I've decided to embark on this journey), I came across Nerd Fitness and Steve's running guide. I have always been as they say a "lone wolf" when it comes to my fitness, but I've decided to step out of my comfort zone and see what others, who have the same motivations that I do, can do help me achieve my goals as well as if there is anything I can contribute to help someone else meet theirs. Thanks for taking the time to read all this.

Peace out,

Wolftrax

• Like 1

LEVEL 0 - ELF             

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

"Run Hard. Live Easy." -Varsity Sports

----------------------------------------------------------

Current Challenge | Zombies!Run

48%
48%

Thanks Anneh!

Yeah I guess I'm kind of the never stop moving type...never really had the patience for standing around and lifting weights. I've been doing a good bit of reading around the site and I'm hoping that I can find a nice collection of body weight exercises that require active movement to build up some upper-body strength (I'm one of those guys that has crazy strong legs but can only do like 10 push-ups lol).

LEVEL 0 - ELF             

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

"Run Hard. Live Easy." -Varsity Sports

Current Challenge | Zombies!Run

48%
48%