Forums are back in action! ×

Hi All - New to the site but enjoying what I've seen so far.

Here's my nutshell story in reverse :D

In the last 5.5 weeks I've lost 10" - due to adding lifting to my routine.

In the last 3 months I've lost 30# - after drastically increasing my calorie count with good foods.

In the last 6 months I made a really good friend who gently encouraged me to try something different... despite what I'd been told by doctors:

For years I've ate 500-800 calories per day (on several doctor's recommendations). This "diet" left me exhausted (which is REALLY hard with a 9 month old!) and always feeling "off". But hey, the doctor's I consulted said that due to my PCOS I had to keep my calories very low and at least I'd stopped gaining weight at a very unflattering 213# - a weight I'd carried on my 5'2" frame for the last 10 years.

There you have it! I'm loving the muscle I'm seeing develop from weights and the amount I can lift is increasing nicely. I expect to drop another 40-50# - but that number is no longer my focus as I'm more concerned with strength and body fat % than the number on the scale.

"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." - YodaWood Elf Assassin - Level 3

STR 2 * DEX 2 * STA 2 * CON 3 * WIS 3 * CHA 3

Twitter: Woodchic Blog: Our Family Farm Life

a friend of me has been on a 500kcal diet for a time. she'd drink these shake kind of things lots of protein in it and very low carb and a bit of fat. she did this 3 weeks and then 1 week where she could eat "normally". She lost like 60 lbs in a couple of months. Now she is eating again but it feels like she has put on weight again. not much like 10 lbs but noticable. she also mentioned fatigue and she even passed out twice in the gym.

i've lost 40lbs in the course of a year and i haven't put on any new fat. I try to get her to start sporting but she simply doesn't want to. Glad to see people here who are motivated to change their lifestyle!

Welcome to the Rebellion!

You're a One trick, My trick pony

If you talk like a loser, you'll become one!

My Intro - My first 6 week challenge