Forums are back in action! ×

Heya everyone from rainy cote d'azur...and yes it does rain sometimes here too :)

This year I turned 40 and I started listing all the things I achieved (and didn't achieved) yet... as it turns out I made a list, as it is easier to evaluate one's accomplishments...and it wasn't pretty!

I am 40, single, no kids, 3 cats and not sure where am heading in the next five years...what did I achieve? hum...not much by lots of people's standards...after all I don't have the typical life a 40 years is suppose to have, have I ? I am supposed to be at the peak time of my life, with a family of my own, a great job and whatever else fits in the picture of success...

Well, i am an underdog i guess...i love being single in fact (most of the time anyway :), kids ? hum...well...not my cup of tea...great job? kinda, most of the time...

So what's the problem? well I never succeded in having 1) the body of my dreams (and no it ain't Barbie's); 2) a good health...or maybe it should be 1) a good health and 2) the body of my dreams

So I decided to make my bucket list of what I want to achieve before I die...and number 1 is first and foremost lose weight and recover health.

Today is a new day, the first of the new Me, and I hereby pledge myself to the paleo new way of life!

I hope you'll help me in my path to success

Thanks to all

Kalhan1973

• Like 1

This year I turned 40 and I started listing all the things I achieved (and didn't achieved) yet... as it turns out I made a list, as it is easier to evaluate one's accomplishments...and it wasn't pretty!

Turning 40 was a BIG wake-up call for me, too. I had somethings to show for it, husband, children and career but I felt I was living for the others in my life. My health was low on the priority list as well as my own personal growth. I am 44 now and grateful for that wake-up call. I am stronger and more confident and in control of my life, health and diet than I ever was before. 

As far as other people's idea of success, you don't need to live up to anyone's standards but your own! You are your own person, be proud, you are making your own path! 

This is a really good thing for you, now you are motivated to make a change for the better.  Time to make that bucket list a priority! 

Go for it!