Forums are back in action! ×

Focused on reaching my goals.

So, I'm a nerd from Texas and I have been overweight and then fat from the time I was a preteen.  After graduating high school I've been floating around and just existing for over five years, and I've grown tired of it. I'm tired of being weak and unhealthy, tired of working boring, uninspiring low-end jobs, tired of living paycheck to paycheck, tired of living within 10 miles of where I was born.  I want to be proactive, I want to feel strong, healthy, and accomplished, and I want to experience more of the world.

So, I've decided that I need to improve my fitness by every measure, and to start, I need to start with the basics and get the engine that is running everything else into better shape.  To that end I've started counting my calories, eating much cleaner, doing Steve's beginner bodyweight workout 3 days a week, and following the C25k program on 3 other days of the week. Over the course of 5 months, I've already lost over 40 pounds, and gone from being unable to even complete 1 circuit of the bodyweight workout to doing the entire thing. I'm also planning on joining a gym after Thanksgiving so that I can start lifting heavy things.

My second goal is to join the Air Force. To be eligible for enlistment at my height of 73 inches, the most I can weigh is 208 pounds, and as of my last weigh-in on Saturday, I weigh 267.  59 pounds to go, and 40% of the way there. :) I would like to enter DEP by my 25th birthday next year on June 3rd, so I've got a little over 6 months to get things done.

My final fitness goal is education, and the Air Force and the GI Bill obviously help with that goal.

Nerd Fitness and it's community have been absolutely wonderful for both motivation and for actually knowing what to do to get fit, and I credit a great deal of my success to this site. I feel like it's time to start participating and giving back, so hello, everyone. It's nice to be here.

• Like 1