Forums are back in action! ×

My name is Dylan, I just turned 30 and am ready for my second playthrough for weight loss.

I grew up in an obese family, and weighed 320 pounds when I graduated high school. At 5'9, I could have tried out for Violet from Willy Wonka.

Right before I turned 21, I went a little fitness crazy. In about 15 months, I dropped down to about 215 (less than I weighed my freshman year). I wasn't thin, but I was much stronger than I had ever been.

I met my fiance about six years ago, and the trappings of domestic life ensnared us both. I'd get home from work, we'd sit at our computers and play games together, go out to dinner, or watch a movie. It has been a fantastic life, but both of us have become far from healthy. Tongue in cheek, I'd say that we've grown as a couple.

So now, I'm 30, a manager in government healthcare, working in a cube or a meeting room all day. I've regained all of the pounds I lost when I was younger, and they brought 25 of their friends. But not to stay... Fiends.

Motivation? That one is easy. I want to be healthier. I want a better life for both Missy and I. I am blessed enough to have a beautiful woman next to me, and I want us to live forever.

Plan? A little trickier. I'm stepping up to cook more, and trying to replace more of our breads and rice with veggies. We might get to full paleo, but I need to shoulder more of the cooking first. We've started walking a trail by our apartment to get outside more, and I am going to wake up early enough to fit a workout in before work.

I'm excited, and ready to make a change. A little disappointed I missed the start of this challenge, but I'll catch the next one!

• Like 1

Weight loss goal (from 352 to 250 by January 6th, 2015)

4.71%
4.71%
Guest Dirty Deads

Hello Thurston county! I live down in Vancouver, but am originally from Shelton, so not far. I'm in pretty much the same boat, was 330 at 5'6"in school, grew to 5'9" and worked out like crazy and hit 235. Not as quickly as you did, but boxing helped. Now I'm back up around 380.

Advice, get in on the challenge NOW. Waiting is nothing more than another excuse, I know, I did it when I started.

Good luck on your endeavour telepathboy!  You've got the right motivation in my opinion, the love and affection for someone close to you is an unbreakable bond and having each other to lean on will surely give you both all the strength you need.

Advice, get in on the challenge NOW. Waiting is nothing more than another excuse, I know, I did it when I started.

I would agree with the above geezer :P I have already found the 6-week challenge to be an excellent way to motivate me into reaching those self-set targets and achievements, one day at a time.