Forums are back in action! ×

Ready to start my healthy lifestyle!

I'm stumbled across this site thanks to a friend that was inspired by Staci and passed along the link. 

I've been pretty thin my whole life, in fact, my weight didn't change from 16 to 28 years old. At 5'7" by 18 and 114lbs, I was a bean pole and never really though about the food I was ingesting or exercise. 

At 28 I landed a desk job and wasn't nearly as active in my life, by 33 I had started my own business as a web designer and spent the majority of my days at a desk in my house and an active lifestyle became a thing of the past, who knew there was so much work involved in owning a business! I had put on 20 pounds by 33 but wasn't overly concerned as my doctor always said I was underweight for my age and height. 

In the last 14 months leading up to my wedding day, I put on another 16lbs bringing my weight up to 150, so in the months leading up to my wedding, I started going to the gym regularly and doing a ton of cardio but couldn't seem to loose and inch, it became very frustrating. I felt horrible, I got winded bending over to tie my own shoes, I'd had enough.

2 weeks ago I found this site and after reading through some of the articles, I switched to the Paleo diet. Last week I began the 5x5 workout with my husband, we picked up a weight bench and some weights and are now starting week 2 of working out at home. Ever since switching my diet, I actually feel really good, my mood has gone from crabby all the time to a constant good mood! The first week of the diet I lost 3 pounds, the second week with working out I lost another 2 :)

My goal is to build muscle, shed some fat and get to a "healthy" 135.

• Like 2