Forums are back in action! ×

New from Arkansas.

Hello everyone!

I've been reading a few articles on this site lately and got the urge to join the quest!

I've recently started a weight loss journey that was sparked by a health scare. I'm only 26 but I was having chest pains and my blood pressure was sky high. After going to the emergency room on August 22nd and weighing in at 262 pounds(I'm 5'10) and a blood pressure of 170/120 I decided that I was going to make a change. Thankfully the chest pain turned out not to be heart related and the dangerously high blood pressure was a result of anxiety from said chest pain.

It was still a wake up call. I was horribly out of shape and the most activity I had was probably going to the front door to pay the pizza delivery guy.

It's been 60 days since that night at the ER and I've been eating healthier and exercising pretty much everyday since. I've discovered that while I still love video games and scifi/fantasy literature I also love the outdoors. My wife and I have taken up bike riding and hiking lately and it has been a blast. I can't remember ever having as much energy as I have the past two months.

The pounds just melted off at first, the weight loss has started to slow down now but is still going steady at about two pounds a week. I've gone from 262 to 229 pounds, so I'm down 33 pounds now. I've lost 7 inches off my waist and can wear pants I bought for my honeymoon three years ago.

I've still got a long way to go, but I have to say that I'm surprised at how much I am enjoying myself. I always thought of dieting as torture. I'm glad it finally clicked for me that I don't need to diet, but change my lifestyle so that I can be healthy and discover all these wonderful things I've been missing out on.

I'm looking forward to joining the community here and learning as much as I can!

• Like 1