Forums are back in action! ×

New guy here, trying to take off at last (but not least hopefully)

Hi all, I am from Argentina and just started this guide.

I read the posts in the blog and I think that from the race-proffession point of view I am a semi-orc and in my teen years I was a fighter-explorer. I'd like to be that again. I was a swimmer in my teens and had a great deal of training time a week (about 25 hours) but then I started to work. College and adult life came and I started to gain weight and being sedentary.

Now my weight is 100Kg (about 220 lb) and it's time for that to change.

Today I started to workout again.

I am trying to take this easy. I read the 15-mistakes guide and I am definetly 50% Overeager Beaver and 50% Fork Outrunner. My eating habits are horrible. My first habit change was to leave breads. 1 month ago I ate my last slice. Now It's time for sugar... whish me luck.

With your help I'll be posting my advance soon.

May the Force be wiith you all

Enathim (he who wanders)

PS: forgive any grammar or spell mistake. I am not an english native :P

Hi Enathim, welcome!

It's hard at first, but don't give up, once you get past that 2 week hump you'll start feeling great and look forward to your next workout :)

2 great starts are to check out the Paleo diet (http://thepaleodiet.com) there is a ton of info on the web about it and after you get past the withdrawals of the "crap food" you're used to eating, you'll start to feel fantastic. And also check out the 5x5 workout which is an excellent place to start, it doesn't take a ton of time and can be done at home (http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/). I'm starting week 3 and I've already made gains :)

Good luck! And don't give up!