Forums are back in action! ×

We lost a Marine today. :(

Christopher, aka TexasToast, has left us. I haven't known him for very long, two weeks, but from our conversations on Facebook and through NF, Christopher was a troubled soldier, still battling with his injuries, his inner demons, and his government's health benefits to get the treatment he so desperately needed. His heart was big, and would always encourage me ... No matter how he was feeling. I can't describe the helpless feeling I have.... To know that he needed help, but being unable to give it.

Please pray for his family, and take a moment to reach out to those whom have sacrificed so much for our country... Many are too proud to ask for our help... Even though they need it so badly...

Rest in Peace Marine <3

• Like 1

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Semper Fi Mac.

Remember- Marines don't die- they simple go to hell and regroup. 

Hopefully he found peace that he was seeking.  I have see- over the years- our vetrans and current serving do not get the respect- and proper care they need when they come home. it's very troubling to me to watch this happen.

RIP

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this, I didn't know him but it's awful all the same.

Maybe this is a good time to drop this: If you're reading this and are along a similar path as TexasToast, please don't keep it all inside. Contact the Suicide Prevention Hotline to talk to someone who gets it, 1-800-273-8255 or visit http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ 

For veterans especially there is: http://veteranscrisisline.net/ and same number 1-800-273-8255

You can also text to 838255.

Those coping with bereavement or considering suicide themselves can also see http://www.afsp.org/ for more aid.

You do matter, people do love you, and people will help you.

• Like 2

Texas Mom of Boys, Druid Chick

Thank you for sharing this acryllica <3

Spoiler

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Guest Dirty Deads

Wherever he is at this moment, I hope he never has to fight another battle and has found the peace that eluded him throughout his life.

So, for the rest of our challenges, no matter what they entail, let us fight for our lives to honor those who have also fought for our lives.

I like it.... Thanks LS

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/programs/alumni.aspx

Also important for those suffering the affects of war...

• Like 1

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

From talking with his Aunt... They will be either donating this money to the Wounded Warriors Project... Or as that people donate to that charity... I will clarify in a little bit, but I want to give them some time...

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

No words to describe my feelings today... Sigh. Rest in peace marine.

post-22655-0-92326700-1385614645_thumb.j

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Ten years away from the corps, and that sentence still hits like a punch in the gut. All I can say is I'll salute as I walk through those pearly gates he's now guarding...

Semper Fi Marine...

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)