Forums are back in action! ×

Hey - long time lurker, first time caller.

I really appreciate Steve, Staci, and everybody involved in the community here - it has taken me a long time to dial in a program that works for me, but I've dropped from a peak of 320 down to 293 so far, and the information and motivation from this site has been a big help getting there. I love the rules of the rebellion. I have no doubt it will be a big help going forward. I really want to feel better and be able to be more active more than I care about the numbers, but the weight gives me something to track / work towards, so I'm currently viewing 230 lbs as a kind of finish line. I realize it's not the weight that matters, and my goals may need adjusting as I get closer.

I'm currently doing intermittent fasting following a 4:3 pattern from the 5:2 diet book. I'm doing stronglifts 5x5 for my training. I was walking and jogging a lot, but I developed plantar fasciitis and that forced me into pure strength training. It's kind of a blessing in disguise, since I'm enjoying heavy lifting more than I ever liked cardio, and I'm getting better results faster. I should probably also say that I donate plasma twice a week typically, and that I've focused on getting more sleep and better quality sleep, but I haven't been able to back off the Diet Cokes... I pretty much drink diet soda like most fit people drink water - I know that part's bad, but it's where I'm at now.