Forums are back in action! ×

Time to find my inner caveman

How's it going guys?

A little background information about myself. Currently I am 22 years old in my last year at college (super senior) and currently weigh around 245 lbs. When I first came to college, I weighed around 280-290lbs. I did not have a car so I did what every freshman had to do, walk everywhere. This was great for my body because in a year and a half or so, I was actually able to lose 40lbs just by walking. It was a huge boost to my confidence. However, I have plateaued at 245 (+- a few pounds here or there). 

I have actually tried the paleo diet for a week or so during the school year, but I found I did not have the willpower. I live in my fraternity house where we have a cook and food is included in the rent. It was so much easier to go grab a burger (processed meat look alike) or whatever was on the menu than make my own food. During breaks I would actually make better food for myself, but it would only last the break and not continue during the school year. Another staple that did not help me continue losing weight was alcohol. Alcohol and college pretty much go hand in hand for most people attending and I am no different. I still look back at all the alcohol that I drank (i have quite a collection of bottles) and I see how counter productive it has been. 

Somehow, the motivation hit me today, as I stared at the box of oreo cookies at my side, that I should probably do something about my health before I let it kill me. I feel that today is the day that I start making changes to help prevent diabetes, heart problems, and even confidence problems. Starting today I am going to follow the body weight plan that is on the main site, while adding a couple more exercises to improve my overall strength. I also plan on braving the Maine winter and start walking outside. Diet wise, I am going to start slowly introducing the paleo diet into my lifestyle and start learning how to cook amazing meals. Finally, I am going to limit drinking alcohol to special occasions or around once a month. I look forward to browsing these forums and getting to know you guys. Time to go throw away a few things *cough* oreos *cough* and start this journey. 

• Like 1

Overweight Viking Level 0