Forums are back in action! ×

Intro and a woot

Greetings one and all.

A bit over a year ago, I weighed 205 with a BP of 134/97 (I’m male, 5’ 11â€). I was rapidly becoming pre-diabetic with worrisome blood pressure. I’d ballpark my body fat at 25%. Not a great combo.

I started jogging and working out just to try to get into better shape (or least better a shape than pear-shaped). Jogging was more than a little rough at first. The first time around the block had me sweating bullets and made me wonder what having a heart attack felt like. Working out at first wasn’t a whole lot better. I was able to deadlift 45 lbs.

As of this morning I’m weighing in at 168. I was curious and took my BP at work: 100/77. I can now do a 5k in 30 min and I can deadlift my body weight for 5 reps. I’d put my body fat somewhere between 12-16%.

I’ve started limiting my jogging and concentrating on lifting heavy. My new goal is to see if I can achieve abs J

Thanks to one and all for the inspiration and all the knowledge that you are willing to share.