Forums are back in action! ×

Warrior Mom back in armor

I found this place after seeing this list

25 Killer Websites that Make You Cleverer http://www.lifehack.org/articles/technology/25-killer-websites-that-make-you-cleverer-2.html

A few months ago I was trying to exercise to one of Gilad's shows and he said something about everyone will look at your butt. This made me uncomfortable and I wondered why there wasn't a geeky exercise show where they had evidence-based fitness advice and said stuff like "Hey, now your favorite cosplay will fit again!"

I'm a warrior because my primary reason for getting fit is to be better at SCA armored combat. I was successful at this before. After my first pregnancy I started hitting the gym with this as my goal and it worked! Pretty or skinny never worked but being able to run across the field in armor and bash my friends in the helmet. Hell yes! 

Then I got pregnant again and it took a lot more out of me. I was back in armor at 6 weeks post-partum but never quite had the same fire. There are many reasons some of which are cool yet distracting things. After not gaining much baby weight at all it really sucks to now be 20 pounds heavier than I was immediately post partum.   

Another factor in my lack of motivation was the loss of a forum that was very useful in my non exercise time. I'm hoping you guys can help fill that void.

I'm a warrior because my primary reason for getting fit is to be better at SCA armored combat. I was successful at this before. After my first pregnancy I started hitting the gym with this as my goal and it worked! Pretty or skinny never worked but being able to run across the field in armor and bash my friends in the helmet. Hell yes! 

Awesome!! Love it.

...and from a fellow warrior...welcome!

Sculptor - Warrior

LVL 4 | STR 10 | DEX 8 | WIS 12 | CHA 8 | STA 1 | CON 6

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG can I just say I have been dreaming about joining the SCA forever. I actually used their books to learn how to sword fight (not very well). You are living the dream right now  their is so much about the orginization that I love. But I went to a few events and didn't really feel welcome so I stoped. But I am here for you ( I also have 2 kids so we have that in commen) :panda: