Forums are back in action! ×

The Paleolithic Theater

Well, I'm new to the Nerd Fitness community, and thus far Im overwhelmed by not only the information but the people in the forums. So here's my short version of my story.

My name is Kasey, and I'm 22 years old. I played sports throughout high school but I was always overweight, even for the sports I was playing. However, I was relatively fit. I was in a theater production after high school, but when I was 19 I broke my back. After breaking my back, I gained about 40 pounds, and I stopped doing the theater. For the next year or two, I would repeatedly attempt, and fail, to lose weight. I maxed out around 245.

Well, recently I was asked to come back and perform once again. However, the production involves showing a good bit of skin (It's the Rocky Horror Picture Show). I knew I couldnt go on stage looking the way I looked. My relationship was suffering as well, as my girlfriend was very into fitness, and I was obviously overweight. Not to mention, as the weight came, my sex drive went. It was the first time that I really had a sense of my weight getting in the way of what I wanted to do. I determined then and there that I was going to get serious about losing weight, and I did what any nerd would do. I researched the hell out of it. I came across Nerd Fitness, and everything changed.

As of three weeks ago, I weighed 240 pounds. I've been doing the Paleo diet for two weeks now, and working out for 3 weeks, and as of yesterday I weighed 223 pounds. That's 17 pounds lost, and that's including Thanksgiving! I've never had success like this before, and I am looking forward to the journey ahead of me, and I want to thank Nerd Fitness for pushing me in the right direction. My goal is to get below 200 by the time the theater production begins, in the middle of February. My ultimate goal is to get down to around 185-190. Wish me luck Rebels!