Forums are back in action! ×

Hello All,

First day here and hadn't heard of NF prior to an email I received (thanks @Lifehacker).  I'm male, 45 years of age, 6'0" and currently 182lbs.  I quit smoking (20 year habit) about eight months ago.  While I knew that I needed to watch my weight after quitting smoking, my weight increased to 190.  My typical weight is 168. 

Despite being on the football team in high school, on active duty in the Marine Corps for six years and being on countless fitness programs I have never been able to reach my target weight and physique.  Even at my lowest when I was in the Marines, I still seemed to carry around a fair amount of weight in my mid-section.  Fortunately I learned relatively young that I needed to control my weight.  In my 20's I drank heavily and at all the wrong foods.  However, I was still active enough that my drinking and poor eating didn't heavily impact my weight.  Fast forward to 2000 and I began my career in Information Technology.  Working long hours doing nothing but sitting has taken its toll on my weight along with having a young child. 

About 10 years ago I found the Atkins Diet and learning to cut carbs from my diet.  While I stay away from grains for the most part, limit my alcohol consumption and try to practice good portion control, I continue to struggle with my weight.  I'm hoping to finally have the information and program to get me to my body fat somewhere between 10 - 15% (currently at 25%).

Wheels

Wheels[847]