Forums are back in action! ×

I've been lifting weights for a couple of years now, so I'm not new to the game, which means I know ALL the excuses, and have been using them for a long time now. I starded at the age of 17 ( around 120 kg ) and lost a lot of weight. Not in an educated, I just ate a lot less. I stopped eating candy and all that, and it lasted for a while, untill a girlfriend of my bestfriend said "you can eat candy your not fat." I took her advice, turns out i couldn't controll my urges when it comes to sugar. Since then it have been up and down, and now I'm 22 years old.

I'm not fat, more lean actually, but I don't have the six pack. Ohh how I want that six pack, but everytime I start getting close I loose my motivation. My lovehandles wont go, and god I hate them. Then I just start thinking about my most used excuse "I was fat as a kid so I have a lot of extra fat cells, ergo it's impossible for me to get that thin," and then I'm back to eating oreos and pizza.

But this time it's different 4th August I'm starting ( I'm recovering for surgery and I can't expect my girlfriend to make meals she wont eat ) and this time it's serious. So I decided to join here, and I will be posting pictures, and ask for help when I need it.

Welcome aboard NorthRoad.

Determine your path and follow it unflinchingly. Excuses dissapear this way.

Jesuschrist is the most wonderful and complex person as of date,anyone can learn from him- paraphrased from The Master of Emotion

www.cultivatinglashinibana.wordpress.com A log about my weekly japanese learning via Kanji study, and reading manga in japanese of course. Updated every Sunday.

Current Challenge:http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?4867-Staff-Purge

Good luck, I understand the dream of a six pack, but I too can never get rid of the little gut that gets in the way. You can do it! What is your routine like for weight loss?

Well usually it has been calory counting. But this time around I'm doing the anabolic diet which is something more in the direction of the paleo diet, but it has cheat days and since my best fat loss has allways been with cheat days I don't want to get rid of them. Also it makes social events like birthdays easy. I'm also going to buy something to messure my fat % and will post images of my progress to this site so that I will be kept accountable.

What is your approach ? :)

The anabolic diet is much like the paleo diet, emphasize on eating fats, protein and vegetables. The max limit for carbs on a day is 30 grams. And the weekend is for carb loading which can vary from 12 - 48 hours depending on the carbs you choose ( for example candy would make you feeling bloated very fast ). The diet is also for gaining muscle size, you can find the book on amazon ( at least in a kindle version). :)