Forums are back in action! ×

Noob Monk/Assassin getting fit for the Navy

Hey guys. I'm BuriaRoza, an 18 year old girl in Australia, I'm 80Kg (176.4lbs) and joining the Navy. I love the Nerd Fitness site and have learned so much since first reading the articles. Going off the guild types, I think I'm a rather unfit Monk/Assassin. I'm not trying to change my guild as I train, I love my Martial Arts and training in Parkour, I'm just trying to be a better, fitter Monk/Assassin.

So for training, I'm focussing mainly on bodyweight exercises and cardio to try and meet the fitness requirements for the Navy and hopefully survive recruit training. My workout is pretty much just Pushups, Military standard Situps, Flexed Arm Hangs and Running. My workout will change as I work out how to add more things to it, I'm thinking of starting the Angry Birds Workout soon...

I'm aiming to lose 15 - 20Kg and overall just improve my basic fitness. Some point soon I'll be joining up MMA classes 5 nights a week which should help with my fitness. I've done Martial Arts for the last 7 years but stopped going to classes at the start of the year, so I can't wait to start up MMA.

At the moment, I'm aiming for:

50 Military standard Situps

25 Pushups

And... *Drumroll please*  :victorious:

:cower:  1 Pullup! (Setting the bar high, I know, but I can't even do one...)

Eventually, I want to get better at running as well, cause right now I'm absolutely terrible...

Well that's pretty much me, I'm looking forward to starting a challenge soon so that should be interesting.

Thanks guys.

Fear locks the light in darkness, courage is the key.