Forums are back in action! ×

I faced a demon today and won!

This morning I was on my way to a bicycle swap meet and needed to break a $20 bill so I'd have proper change for customers. So I stopped at QuikTrip (Convenient store/gas station). I walked the aisles looking for a small item to purchase to break my $20 bill, I realized that I didn't need junk food store food. I made a few passes by the donuts and I had many justifying thoughts on why it was ok to just get one.

* Go ahead you lost weight this week, get one.

* Mmm those look good, no one will know

* It won't hurt you to have just one

* Breakfast was too small and this will help you get going

* You are going to be in the heat all day and will burn it off.. (Yeah right)

* You walked 12000 steps yesterday you deserve a treat.

I shook my head, walked to the counter purchased a lottery ticket, received my change and walked out.

Donuts, snack cakes and sugar food like those are a real weakness for me. SO this was a huge deal for me to walk right up to the glass and be able to walk away without hesitation. Eventually, I want to be able to walk in that store and not even think about them. Kind of hard to do when they have giant pictures of donuts in the doors and at the gas pumps with sign that say...it's breakfast and you will burn it off by lunch time.

I am down 19.5 lbs in 7 weeks. Time to keep on Rockin!