Forums are back in action! ×

From a couch potato to a fitness freak: Step 1

Hello everybody!

A workout newbie here. So I have been "healthy" throughout my life. I had this theory in my head that I don't have to work out, that I am already fit. But of course I wasn't. I lacked stamina. And fitness only meant one thing: LOSING WEIGHT. 

That's when I discovered strength training. And as I kept on reading about it I realized that fitness is about being powerful. It is about functioning at your optimum level. It is about not being weak! Appearance is a by-product of fitness. Not its main goal.

And the more I researched, the more I became convinced that strength training is the ultimate way to live at an optimum level. It just makes immense sense. 

Now my whole outlook towards working out and fitness has changed drastically. Its all about strength now. Being powerful. Utilizing the full potential of this body machine.

I came across nerd fitness during my research and read this amazing article about Staci.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/  

She's basically my blueprint now  :joyous:

And of course this amazing community here is a huge bonus. 

I've already finished one week of training. But I am pretty much beginner so there is a long way to go. 

This space here looks like a super awesome log book. We all do it together! \m/ 

Cheers!