Forums are back in action! ×

Hi, broken runner here.

Growing up, I had an unhealthy food lifestyle. The rest of my family ate a lot, so I did as well. And it showed.

In college, I had enough after feeling like an outsider because of my weight. I started to eat healthier, lift weights (thanks to New Rules of Lifting for Women) and began my running career. I lost 60 pounds and was happy with myself.

After graduating from college, I got a job in my degree (Graphic Design) and moved. At first I continued to lift weights, but that fell off the deep end. However, I continued to run.

In fact, in the past year, I have run 2 marathons. With 7 weeks in between the two. It was amazing.

Sadly, my body wasn't as strong as my mind. I am now benched from running with sesamoiditis and have been ordered not to run until spring. Anyone with an addiction with a certain exercise knows how crazed one can get after a few weeks of not being able to do it.

I found Nerd Fitness and hope to connect with others as nerdy and fitness loving as myself. I hope these people can help me get back to lifting weights and get into other workouts besides running to keep fit (as of now I've been on the stationary bike. B-o-riiiiing.)

Besides looking for people to hold me accountable for fitness, I am also a travel lover and am interested in different ways to get to different countries (such as Teaching Aboard.) If you have any advice or experience in this, I'm all ears.

I demolished my knee a couple years back....and not being able to do....well, much of anything took me down a dark path.

I have since rediscovered my love of the steel and gotten my nutrition down to a science.....I would prescribe the same for you. ;)

Welcome!

Sculptor - Warrior

LVL 4 | STR 10 | DEX 8 | WIS 12 | CHA 8 | STA 1 | CON 6

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------