Forums are back in action! ×

Boom. Introduction time.

Hey!

My name is Øistein <-- wierdassnorwegiannamewhichyouprobablycantpronounce

I´m 20 years old, i do music. Piano mostly, but thats not the point! I´m tall, blond, blue eyes (like most norwegians) but i´m freaking skinny. Not much Viking-ness. Yet. 

At a height of 187cm and a weight of around 63 kg i´m not the most impressive sight in the mirror. Pack some acne with that, you got yourself a great example of some bad self-esteem.

But i get around, confidence is there (sometimes) and i´m starting to get shit done. (earlier master of procrastination) Finishing my year of absolute awesome(check profile) and traveling with by best mate, i´m back home. With no school atm, it´s so hard to get anything done. Especially getting motivated to learn and to the stuff i want. Including language learning, body mastering and musical stuff and all that kind of jazz. I signed up for school after christmas today!

I´ve been working out with my batshit-crazy martial artist friend in a gym for some weeks now, and i´ve trained regularly for some months. Stuff ain´t working. Little to zero progress.

But then i found nerdfitness. My thoughts: absolute kick-ass website and i want to get in to the community to get help and advice to become a better me. Viking me.

First thing i´m going to do, change my diet. ASAP. I generally struggle to gain weight and working out is 10-15 times easier than eating more and better. Today i started to write down what i ate during a day. I´m now trying to figure out a good training program, based on compound exercises. (also going to write it down). But i´d love some help! I´m familiar with most of the basic exercises:

1. My pull-ups/chin-ups are good. Can about 6-7 proper wide pull-ups with good form

2. My bench-presses fair. 10x5 40kg, just tried going up to 45kg, nearly did 6x3, no good form on the last ones. 

3. My Squats no idea. I´ve tried, and started out with 40kg with good form, probably a good starting point. (I have ridiculous legs)

4. My Deadlifts need work technique-wise. So low weight or bar atm.

5. My Dips are "meh". Can do some.

So. I´m trying to figure out a 3 days workout set, like monday-wednesday-friday kind of thing going. Are there some especially good patterns? Other exercises? longer time between workouts? I reach out to you guys. Please halp. *reaches arm up from the abyss of hopelessness*

Boom. Viking time.

Thought there was Vikings and such? It is.

I´ve been reading around the forums, checking out the guilds and classes. I cam to this conclusion.

I´m going to become a god damn Viking.

I´m norwegian, i´m tall, and i´m going to become strong, even though it doesn´t come naturally. Being naturally long and lean i´ll never going to become a big, bulky tank like my black-belted karate friend of mine is, but that´s no problem. I don´t want to.

I´m setting goals for handstands, handstand pushups, muscle-ups, body-control, weighted dips/pull ups and stuff like capoeira, parkour and calisthenics - but first: Overall strength and endurance, being able to perform like my ancestors, killing people with my bare hands and pillaging every little town of Sweden! Including Stockholm! *eyes filled with rage*

(this got out of hand. Sorry)

So that makes me some kind of mix between warrior/assassins/monk, which i herby name - Viking.

So there.

If you got this far - damn boy/girl! You did good. 

So please reply on this post, or message me, or give me tips about where to post stuff and what goes where and all sorts of training-, exercise-, general-wellbeing-, music-related-, goal-achieving-,cooking-, productivity- and mastery-kind of tips.

Since i basically killed you with text, just a reminder that i asked for help with my training program earlier in the post (should that kind of stuff be posted elsewhere?) :)

Thanks for reading,

Best regards

Øistein

PS: Go vikings. And the rebellion.

About the big text - I felt like it. 

Boom. The end.