Forums are back in action! ×

In which my feet hurt.

Hi everyone !!

Wow this feels weird. I'm familiar with forums and such but english not being my first language I've just mostly... read stuff. Never took the chance to actually get into an english-speaking community. ANYWAY that's irrelevant here I am, I being a french student in international trade. I used to study art and animation but then shit happened and I got sucked into this not-so-funny part of my life where depression struck. Other stuff happened and now I'm back on track. I mean, really. I've got projects (HUGE projects), I've got motivation, and awesome supporters, and amazing opportunities. I've never felt this good in years... well, psychologically speaking.

Physically, not so much. I mean, I don't have any health issues (except for a really screwed-up back but I learned to work with it) and I'd describe my weight as average (I'm 175cm and 66kg) but GOD DO I MISS MY MUSCLES.

I used to practice a lot (back in middle school I practiced swimming and tennis three times a week each and archery once a week) but I haven't in YEARS (specifically six years) and it annoys the hell out of me. I feel like I've wasted my time for the last three years moaning and rolling around in the dark and now that I've managed to get everything cleared out I really really feel the need to get healthy again. This is not about losing a few pounds but changing my lifestyle. I need to pull myself away from the computer at night because getting sucked into the depression spiral again scares the shit out of me. I need to eat proper food and find a pattern so that I won't starve myself for two days then order three pizzas at once and sob in shame while stuffing myself with disgusting pastry. I need to lose all those bad habits. I need to be able to swim like I used to, feel the air in my lungs.

I stopped smoking three months ago, I'm struggling everyday to figure out "what should I eat today?" and force myself "come on running one more mile won't hurt you" but really, I just realized... When it comes to health, I don't have the damnest idea where I'm heading. That's why I need some help. I have no idea where to begin and there is so much advice out there I got lost into all the information. I'm trying to eat healthy but not really ("Oh I've been eating fruits for three days THIS HUGE-ASS PIECE OF BREAD WON'T HURT"), I'm trying to workout but I hurt myself (seriously I just ran two miles and the muscular pain in my feet is atrocious and I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE IT COMES FROM).

So that's it. Starting tonight. I'm joining the Rebellion, I'm figuring out my objectives, I'm getting back in shape and I'm HAVING FUN.

Again, HI EVERYONE. I can't wait to meet y'all !

Oh also I kinda love cooking and I bake like a gazillion cupcakes a week-end and this is probably gonna be the toughest part to adapt (I mean I don't eat that much cake I just really enjoy doing it and usually offer it to my neighbors but come on who never dipped a finger in the chocolate sauce. Or an arm.)