Forums are back in action! ×

Need to get moving forward again..

Hi :)

I have just typed out a whole load of my history, but then decided it's not relevant. I don't want to constantly be looking back and justifying why I am where I am and how I came to be here. The fact is that I am here, and the only I can go is forwards. 

So, basic facts: I'm a girl, 25, living in the UK. I'm 5'8, currently weighing in at 150lbs

I want to get into routines and habits to build a better, healthier lifestyle for myself.  I started the whole process in February, cleaning up my diet and taking up running. Since then, I’ve lost 20lbs, 12†of hair, a fiance, a home and a job. I found another job, but I’m now back living with my parents (which is a challenge in and of itself!) and still trying to keep on-track with the healthy lifestyle, but it’s difficult.  I no longer have control over my own kitchen and what foods are in the house. I have to commute 2 hours each way for work, which eats up a lot of my time and makes processed junk food, or my mum’s unhealthy cooking more appealing. I leave home in the morning when it’s dark, I get back when it’s dark so I have no daylight to run in, leading to treadmill runs which are boring and difficult to motivate myself to do.  

I know that all it takes is willpower and self-control, and maybe I’m just weak-minded but I’m finding it really difficult to even just stand still in terms of health and fitness, let alone make any progress. I’ve not lost any weight since August, and my running schedule is unfocused and directionless.

Things are looking up – I aim to be moving out of my parent’s house in March, and living on my own in the city where I work. This will cut down my commuting time dramatically leading to more workout time, and give me back control of my own food supplies and cooking environment. I know it’s not going to magically make everything better or easier, but it should certainly help. I’ve also signed up for a half-marathon in February, which will be held pretty much on the first anniversary of my taking up running which has put a bit of spark back into my workouts.

The biggest problem I have is that I've been feeling increasingly isolated the past couple of months, which has led me to posting here. I started this journey alone, but now I need someone to help push me along further. I guess I'm looking for support, friendship, camaraderie.. just someone to chat with really. And y'all seem like a friendly nerdy bunch, so I figure what have I got to lose by posting here?