Forums are back in action! ×

What is your Woot of the year?

2013, what a year.

In no particular order, my woots are as follows

• left a toxic work environment and finally found somewhere to work where I can make friends with my coworkers and where it's possible to learn and grow within the company.
  • moved house with no regards for anyone but myself and my future happiness. This is a big one, considering I usually stay within my comfort zones and am constantly worried about other people.
  • got serious about being active every day.
  • gave up sugar -- this is HUGE for me. I used to be the biggest sweet tooth I knew, I baked so much and ate a lot of obvious sugar, not to mention the hidden stuff in processed foods. But I challenged myself to see what I could achieve and I actually did it. I've relapsed a little in the past few weeks, what with Christmas and everything, but I'm cutting it out again and the best part is that I know I can do it because I've done it before. 

Ah, you guys are the best, too, by the way. Bring on 2014!

that girl writes

race: awesome/class: ranger

I post a lot on instagram

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do."

The two moments that helped me kick my Saboteur's butt are:

1) completed 13.1 miles as part of a 50-mile relay race in summer.  I did not run it well and I did not train for it well, BUT I did it - and the fact that I didn't back out and my teammates had my back makes it one of the best highlights of the year.  Plus, I had never even walked more than 10 miles in a day before, and hear I ran half of 13.1 miles and power-walked the rest?  Awesome.

2) 16 unmodified pushups in a row!!!! - This one is my most proud moment because I haven't done more than 2 pushups in a row for over a decade, and I had been stuck at 2 - 4 for months on end this year until a breakthrough happen - 10 one day and 16 shortly after.  Definitely my proudest moment.

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

No real big w00ts for me this year, but I did get a few little ones:

- Cut back greatly on bread, pasta, and beer, and lost around 10 pounds in the two months that followed.

- Signed up at a new gym where I've begun lifting. I can already see bit of a difference in my body after only a month :o My posture is improving, too!

- Due to the above two things, I've also started to absolutely rock the tuck-jumps at BodyAttack classes XD

My woot of the year... I got married, found Assassins Creed (Just finished II now on Brotherhood), AND are on my way to learning parkour! Motivation for success! 

• Like 1

Hobbit Assassin Recruit

Level 0

Str: 0     Dex: 0     Sta: 0     Con: 0     Wis: 0     Cha: 0

“Though she may be but little, she is fierce!†
― Helena, Midsummer Night's Dream, Shakespeare

Challenge Page | Soon to be Bucket list page

Howard Shore is my homeboy

I completely renovated a 2 story building converting it from a 3 family house to a retail store. I did all the general contracting and managed the whole project myself. I did more than half of the demolition and a lion's share of the construction. In the process I rewired fixtures, installed new plumbing, hung and taped Sheetrock, crawled around in nasty crawl spaces, put in new insulation, installed new toilets, laid down floors removed 2 fireplaces from the roof down and hauled over 10 tons of debris with a wheel barrow. This was while I helped to run and manage the store that was still in operation.

Then I helped move the store into place, installed new display fixtures, built a nifty table, hosted a party and helped get the new place up and running.

My mom came and stayed all summer to help and in the process I realized how much I truly love her.

Now I'm tired.

• Like 2

----

Don't Chew what you should Eschew!