Forums are back in action! ×

Back on the fitness wagon

Hello,

I'm new to the forums, I initially stumbled across Nerd Fitness months ago when I was researching the Paleo diet. An ex boyfriend of mine had been going paleo shortly after we started dating. But I hadn't been actively focusing on getting fit until now. I've joined a gym, again lol, close to my home where as a single parent I can bring my kids and feel safe with them chilling while I work out.

So long story short since this really was just supposed to be a short introduction lol. I've fluctuated a bit over the years from 140+ for a short time to as much as 199 lbs. And no one has been my worst critic more so than myself. That leads me here, one day I decided to check out the local gym, now I'm a paying member and I want my money's worth. Hence I am now a Fitness Nerd. I've always known I love the high from working out, I just never got off my ass enough. I love hiking, snowboarding, swimming, walking, camping etc. And seeing how I live in Indiana now I'll settle for at least some of those. Also last night I did the Angry Birds workout and boy am I sore and I love it. It's a good sore rather than I pulled something sore. This is my abbreviated introduction, highlights from my previous intro that I won't post are that I joined the Army in my twenties, was fit, got pregnant, got fat, joined the Army again, deployed to Iraq, got divorced, and now I am determined to lose the weight, get in shape, build muscle with or without bulk I don't care. Be an example for my two kids, feel better about myself, beat my arthritis, asthma, and depression.

I am happy to state that over the last month or so of going to the gym when I can usually a few times a week, I've maintained a small loss to my waist. And yes that was mostly from doing some form of strength training lol.

first of all thank you for your service in the army! I'm a mom too and find it easier to work out at the gym because of child care. Now I just need to figure out HOW to work out and strength train on my own. I love to camp, hike, cycle, and swim among many other things. welcome to the forums!  I'm new to them too!

Jackie

• Like 1

first of all thank you for your service in the army! I'm a mom too and find it easier to work out at the gym because of child care. Now I just need to figure out HOW to work out and strength train on my own. I love to camp, hike, cycle, and swim among many other things. welcome to the forums!  I'm new to them too!

Jackie

Thank you! Honestly I would say check out some of the beginner work outs on here at NF and do one. And alternate for a bit. I personally can't afford the trainer at the gym, but I get a few free sessions I've used. And so I take some of what they show me and alternate it with Angry Birds workout etc. So far I've only tried the Angry Birds work out but lol I'm still feeling it from Thursday.