Forums are back in action! ×

gamer working for a beach body

so my name is john, currently 24 and in san antonio, TX, but moving back to my home town of san diego, CA when tax time hits. my main goal here is to surprise all my old friends when i get back! when i left i was probably about 250 pounds. coming here i would eat small portions and walk to school and back (about a mile) every day and naturally dropped down to 180... unfortunately i got a job and started driving and turned 21 when booze became my new favorite past-time. before i knew it i went right back to 220 and began consciously maintaining that weight with intermittent dieting and light cardio but havent been able to push past that since.

so now its time for significant change being crunch time before my trip back and this site is really helping me work smarter to that goal so i figure why not check out the community for some additional help.

currently im working towards going full paleo (cut out most processed junk, but some other staples are still a bit tough to get away from: rice, tortillas, etc.), and im doing the beginner bodyweight workout every other day.

here i am right now, the before: http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/3848/heai.jpg

got a ton of work ahead of me and its crunch time so any advice or other tips are much appreciated!

Best of luck man. I started right around your weight and can tell you, Paleo will shed that 25-30 pounds pretty easily.  Once you're able to go as strict as you can for a week, it only gets easier after that.  Try to have some food pre-cooked, or hit up a local co-op/whole foods etc, for food that you can eat when you don't have a ton of time.

Stick with working out as well and it'll speed up the paleo weight reduction you'll see.

Dave