Forums are back in action! ×

new here, time for next step

Hey guys. 

I came across this website while looking for body weight exercise routines and I am pretty excited I did.

Where to start. I've been paleo for a solid year and a half stretch, right up until about 2-3 months ago.  My wife is pregnant with our 2nd child and it's been "easier" to not be strict and still get everything done that I want to.  When I first went Paleo (because my wife made the switch after our first child), I went from 220 down to 180 (6 feet tall, 26 years old).  At the time my gym work outs were anything but all body, and typically included curls and other isolation exercises.  While I was able to maintain my diet of that time period, staying motivated at the gym has always been a challenge.  I like to think of myself as a productive, family man and spending time away from my family after working 10-12 hour days at work didn't help my motivation.  That brings me back to my search for home/office work outs.  I've always enjoyed push ups as I remember my dad doing 200-300 a day and people in his office always talking about him dropping and banging out 50 before business hours.  To me it just makes more sense to work out on my time, whether that is at the office, or at home where my son and soon to be daughter will also be.

I am also ready to get back to a full paleo life style. My wife still does most of the cooking (even at 8 months pregnant because she's a fricken champ) and it's always paleo.  It's when I am with friends that I will often buy something "gluten free" and call it okay, even though I know it is not.  

Anyways, I look forward to learning as much as possible regarding body weight work outs and am very intrigued by the results I've seen during my short time on this site.

Dave