Forums are back in action! ×

I'm here to join the rebellion....

Hey there, been lurking for a week. Started something of a paleo diet. I like the idea and I'm willing to try most anything. I'm 45, fairly fit and have always been an athlete. I'm tired of the bike tire around my waist.

In January, I got back into regular cardio and weight training, but wasn't serious. I started training in May for a Sprint Tri and the Army 10 Miler in Wash, DC and I ran a Spartan Sprint in June (see my avatar).

So I'm up to 15+ miles (4 days) a week running, 1 day a week of 20mins minimum lifting, and 1 day of 30mins minimum of cycling or swimming. I've dropped about 8 lbs since Jan (170 -> 162) and I guess I need to take some measurements, cause the closest thing I can say is my 33" waist pants are comfortable now and the 34s are loose.

I have a scale that estimates body fat % via micro current and I've gone from 21% to about 18% body fat since January. My goal is to get down to 10% bf. Is this possible? What kind of time commitment might that take?

Thanks and looking forward to a support group!

[TABLE=width: 700]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wherever you go, there you are.

FSJJunkie (FSJ = Full Size Jeep)

Spartan Scout w/ assassin tendencies

STR:7.75 DEX:7.33 STA:14 CON:5 WIS:7.5 CHA:4

Multisport Athlete (Triathlon/Duathlon/Offroad Triathlon/Adventure)

Previous Challenge

[/TABLE]