Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone!

I'm still getting my feet wet and taking a look around the boards, but I wanted to post a quick introduction in the meantime.

My name is Vanessa, though I'm usually found under the pseudonym Chimeric (or some derivative thereof) online. I'm 25 as of today (happy birthday to me~!), and I'm currently pursuing my Doctor of Veterinary Medicine down at Virginia Tech (Let's go Hokies!), with an interest in anatomic and/or comparative pathology.

I typed up a whole long sob story but deleted it in favor of the short version-- we are just meeting each other, after all. ;)

My relationship with fitness has been good historically, but now that I spend 90% of my time sitting (in class, in lab, or studying), sleeping, or caring for my husband/dogs, it's been very difficult for me to care for myself or get rid of the 20 lbs I've gained since graduating college.

I have to admit I was greatly inspired by Staci's post. I'm hugely interested in building basic body strength, and besides, cardio and I are not the best of friends - unless there's a basket or a goal at the other end of the court/field and an opponent for me to smoke, count me out. I'm not a hamster! So I've enlisted my husband's help and as soon as I'm back down in Blacksburg (in just a week or two) we'll be starting a lifting regiment together.

Outside interests include video gaming (PC and PS3, we don't have it in our budget for a PS4 for quite some time; MMORPGs preferentially, though I haven't had a lot of free time to really enjoy them lately; my current love is Flight Rising, a browser-based dragon breeding/training/battling sim), dog sports (both of our pups are certified in basic obedience, and one of them is beginning an agility class later this month), cooking, gardening, and drawing (I used to be a fine hand at photoshop, but it's been a while =( ).

Anyway, pleasure to meet you guys! I'm looking forward to my time here. =)