Forums are back in action! ×

Just feeling a little lost lately. Looking for a fresh start

Hi Everyone,

My name is John. I'm 21 and a senior in college. My body type is average and I'm 5-11, 166.

My fall semester was very hard on me. I had feelings of anxiety, stress, & sluggishness most of the time. I was very busy and found little time for myself. I dealt with a death in the family and I felt unloved and ugly. Now I know none of these things to be true but it's hard to escape your thoughts sometimes. 

I am not new to exercise at all. I've run half-marathons before and loved it. The last one I did was this last April. As summer came I began to do Insanity. It was insane to say the least but that was something I enjoyed as well. However my knees were basically shot from the stress of running and pounding from Insanity. So this fall I decided to start trying yoga. I enjoyed it as well but as the end of the semester came to a close I was completely burnt out. Not to mention I was regularly smoking marijuana. This held me back from all my goals. I stopped working out, I was eating poorly and lost all the progress I previously had. As the new year rolled around I decided to try and change as cliche as it sounds. 

I'm doing the best I can now to stop smoking. I believe that's something I will not have any problems being successful yet. I've bought new yoga dvd's since the other routine was becoming bland. The last part I now need to work on is diet. That's always been the one thing to hold me back. I do not know how to cook and I feel like that's the main problem. I then end up eating out for most of my meals but it's nearly impossible to eat healthy doing that. I've seen the Paleo Diet mentioned on this website and I think that's something I will consider trying for the new year since nothing else has really worked for me. 

I hope I didn't depress you all cause that's not really who I am. I love to have fun and laugh as well. I'm excited to talk with you all help push each other to achieve our goals. 

Thanks a ton for reading!!!

John