Forums are back in action! ×

Ready to level up!

I've been in a rut for the last several years and I've finally made the decision to start becoming a better version of me. I stumbled across Nerd Fitness while checking out the art of manliness blog, and I'm happy to be here with other like minded folks. Can't wait to start meeting everyone.

As for me...33 year old from Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Definitely overweight, but down 35 lbs from where I was 5 months ago. I have had some success with counting calories and hitting the treadmill, but it's getting boring. I've been interested by what I've read on here and related sites relative to the Paleo/Primal diet and strength training. My major goal is to drop an additional 90 lbs. I shoot for 10 lbs. per month, which is achievable right now, but I recognize, it will likely become more difficult as I get smaller. I'm looking forward to getting the motivation/tips I'll need from everyone here to keep moving forward.

I was a steady treadmill guy, because "that's what you do to lose weight." Then I stumbled across nerd fitness, which has opened my eyes to strength training. I'm now starting a steady diet of body weight circuit training, and intend to progress to free weights in the next month or so. I also do some outdoor activities, bike (more of a pleasure pace than exercise), and kayak. As for diet. I'm using the my fitness pal app on my smart phone to track calories. Before looking into paleo, I figured as long as a stayed at or below my max calories for the day, I was good, regardless of what I put in my mouth. Now I'm starting to look for ways to make those calories count, by looking to be more paleo in my choices.