Forums are back in action! ×

Kickin' My Life Up a Notch

Hey, guys.

Really appreciate the theme of this site and forum. Finally, a place where I can talk about fitness AND manga AND traveling, etc. at the same time! =D

Also appreciate how real Steve and everyone here seem to be. Just found this site yesterday, and I really loved reading through the articles. Especially appreciated the whole "underdog achieving victory" theme, as that's exactly what I need right now. REALLY like the 6-week challenges, too. That should really help get me goin'.

Recently achieved fitness goals:

Full pushups (Yeah, baby!)

One-leg squats (butt to ground style)

Hanging straight leg raises

Full bridges

Leaned down 20 lbs. last year (went from 167 lbs. to 147 lbs. at 5'7". I turned 25 in June, by the way)

Current fitness goals:

One-arm pushups

One-arm dive-bomber pushups

One-arm pullups

V-Ups

Stand-to-stand bridges

One-arm handstand pushups

Straddle Planche Pushups

Straddle Front Lever Pullups

Splits (front and side)

Lean down to 15-17% body fat (I want to be lean enough and have enough muscle definition to accentuate my abs, while still being curvy in all the right places ;) )

Become the first successful female Ninja Warrior to achieve Total Victory >=D

On another note, I also just finished my animation and commercial demos for voice over (you can check them out at www.liz-chen.com, if you want!), and my goal once the packaging for the demos is completed is to get a great voice over agent that I can build a mutually-beneficial working relationship with, that will allow me to get a multitude of high-paying, fulfilling, long-term voice over work!

Nice to meet ya, everyone! =D

"You know that every bead of sweat falling off your head, every weight you’ve pumped — the history of that is all in your eyes. That was a great thing, to put on that cape and put on that helmet, and not have to think, "Shit, I should have trained more."

Instead, I was standing there feeling like a lion."

Gerard Butler, on playing King Leonidas in 300

Kickin' This Challenge Off With a YA-HA!