Forums are back in action! ×

Lose Weight, Gain Dreams?

So, over the last year and a half, I lost a total of 80 lbs. Since about 30 lbs in, I've been having more dreams. Meaning I dream more often, usually every night. Not always, but very often. Before (around 293 lbs) I hardly had a dream. Once in a blue moon.

And these aren't dreams that are instantly forgettable, these are "I'm in a mystery movie, and I'm trying to solve complex puzzles that are logical" or "I'm designing something on a computer that is realistic." I literally wake up and I don't feel rested and my head hurts. It's very odd and it sucks. I don't want dreams. My dreams were like this before the weightloss, so the intensity isn't any different, they are just more frequent.

Did anyone else start dreaming more?

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

Yeah, more dreams is totally a thing. I dropped about 60 pounds a while ago (gained it back, but thats another story...)  and experienced it  as well.

Basically obesity is linked to Sleep Apnea. I have it. Likely so do / did you. Snoring really loud? Stopping breathing for a few seconds in your sleep?  Most likely its Sleep Apnea - you literally tend to wake yourself up in the night stopping the Rapid Eye Movement (REM) stuff that creates dreaming.  Now that you have lost weight it may be that you have cleared up the elements of the apnea that stopped you from dreaming more often. 

Not sure about the headaches. Maybe see a doctor on that. 

Enlightening Reading on the subject... 
http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/sleep-apnea/obstructive-sleep-apnea-causes

ColoQ  ||   Level: 0
Techno Troll  ||  Assassin   
=========================
Current Challenge: 0 - V.2
Previous Challenges: ,
--------------------------------------------------
STR 0     ||   DEX 0    ||  STA 0
CON 0     ||    WIS 0    ||  CHA 0
--------------------------------------------------