Forums are back in action! ×

Cold Turkey!

Today myself and my missus have quit smoking. Having smoked for around 16 years its going to be quite tough doing it with willpower alone. But i refuse to pay for patches and gum as i think they are a waste.

So looks like we are in for a grumpy few days but it will be worth it in the long run.

Excellent!! Hang tough, you can do this.

Oh, and, get that dangling cig outta your avatar's mouth, you nut. :-)

"Enthusiasm is the great hill-climber." - Elbert Hubbard
Human Adventurer

I want to be fit and healthy so I can explore and enjoy all the beauty the outdoor world has to offer, in all kinds of weather, all the days of my life.

2024 Battle Log2023 Battle Log2022 Battle Log2021 Battle Log2020 Battle Log2019 Battle Log2018 Battle Log2017 Battle Log2016 Battle Log

Thanks for the supportive words. The guy in my avatar is Bill Hicks, famous for his stand up routines throughout which he smoked heavily. Then towards the end of his career he quit and actually became a funnier guy because he was bitter and twisted to begin with, stopping the smokes just made him madder.

Hes kind of my inspiration

First 24 hours over and that should be all the nicotine slowly removed from my body. Was a terrible evening as we were round a friends having a few beers and they also smoke. But we did it, after a few harsh words to each other haha.

Heres to the fortnight to come as i hear its the hardest bit.

I've travelled back to work from my fiances place, I work a few hours away so live there midweek, and this is the hardest part so far! I think it's becasue I have nobody here to twist my arm when I want a cigarette. I could walk out the door of my own free will nd smoke at any time!!!! It's horrible!