Forums are back in action! ×

I never feel clever enough for subject lines.

Obviously, I'm new.

Name's Brittany. I'm 5' 2", a lady (but the kickass kind) and 146 lbs. Over the past week I've started reading a lot of the articles on Nerd Fitness and finally decided to join the forums today.

Shortened back story:

November 2010. I weighed 176. (The lowest I've weighed was 145 in high school.) I wanted to be thinner because I'm a performer and looks go with it. I cut out all sodas on Nov. 8th 2010 (nine months tomorrow!) and all sugary drinks the month after. I cut out fast food at the beginning of April and since then have lost 30 pounds exactly.

I started getting on a health kick. I realized I ENJOY moving and eating good food. I took a free taekwondo class on a whim, I started the Couch-to-5K and recently finished the http://www.twohundredsqauts.com challenge. Now I'd like to take on a primal/paleo diet (starting tomorrow for at least for thirty days to try it out. Yay, Nerd Fitness articles.) Few of my friends really understand/care or support this so I'm turning to you guys!

Blahblahblah I wanna be the best I can be. I really just wanna be able to leap in the air and roll out of it, run faster than a train, and catch bullets. I'm prepared to downsize those ambitions. If I have to.

Howdy and welcome! Good to see another Texas shorty! I'm also 5' 2" - obviously the coolest height to be! You look like you're on great track to hit those ambitions. Never downsize! (Okay, maybe the bullets...that could be dangerous) ;D

How to do a pull up: Level 2

"Remember, I'm pulling for ya. We're all in this together!" Red Green

We ladyhobbits need to stick together. :D

I think you're going to love the paleo diet, personally. Especially if you love food. I get a huge feeling of pride when I cook something so beautiful I almost don't want to eat it, and when I DO eat it, it tastes AWESOME. Mmmm... brb, bacon and eggs are beckoning me.

Suffer the pain of discipline, or suffer the pain of regret.

My Workout Log

My Fitocracy Profile

Feral Feline's Ferocious Tunes

Lyssi: Thanks, lady! And no joke. Short Texans need to stick together!

Havock: I am ALL about the twohundredsquats challenge. I finished that at 295 squats (obviously portioned out into sets) and I would've never thought I could do it in the first week. ALSO they have a pull up and push challange. And maybe a sit up one?

Madeline: HA. Lady hobbits. Adorable. And I am STOKED about the diet. I looked up so many recipes last night it was ridiculous. I really imagine this will turn into a serious lifestyle after my 30-day experiment.

Thanks, Mica! It was super hard at first but now I don't even crave them anymore!

Welcome! I'm just starting off on getting rid of soda. For me, it was the first week that was the worst part of it. Once you stop having stuff with caffeine in it, your body throws you for a loop for a good 3-4 days.

From the look of it, you've already made a pretty good start for yourself! I think NF for you is going to be great for the last leg of your journey.

Anyhow, best of luck!

Welcome! I'm just starting off on getting rid of soda. For me, it was the first week that was the worst part of it. Once you stop having stuff with caffeine in it, your body throws you for a loop for a good 3-4 days.

From the look of it, you've already made a pretty good start for yourself! I think NF for you is going to be great for the last leg of your journey.

Anyhow, best of luck!

Right? Talk about a wake up call on soda addiction, too. Baby caffeine withdrawals are weird. Thanks and you too! I'm really excited to be here!

A note on caffeine withdrawl. I switched to Mostly Paleo (still eat beans) and in the process, cut my caffeine consumption from probably two strong cups of coffee per day (I was committed) to one cup every two or three days. In the past I had experienced INSANE withdrawl - headaches, slugishness, stab-in-eye kind of sinus pain, body aches, etc. This time? I had one day where I had a bit of a headache and was a little bit achey, but NOTHING like I was expecting.

Congrats on all the weight loss!